Rapid supports listing SOAP APIs on the Hub, as well as related WSDL file import and export. The WSDL file can be displayed and edited using our XML viewer. API consumers can download the latest WSDL file on the API listing's Endpoints tab. From that tab, API consumers can select major versions of the API, and download the WSDL file for the version and any Assets that the API provider has added for the API.
SOAP API support on Rapid
Testing of SOAP APIs is not supported. It is assumed that API consumers have other tools to test SOAP APIs.
Monetization and API gateway features are not supported.
Other tabs in Studio (Requests, Tests, Analytics) are not supported for SOAP APIs.
- Click My APIs in the header of the API Hub.
- In the dropdown in the upper left, select the team that will own the API. You can also create the API in your Personal Account.
- Click Add API Project in the upper right.
- In the Add API Project dialog:
- Add a Name, Description, Category, and Team.
- For Import data from, select SOAP.
- Click Upload File and upload the WSDL file for your API. You can also drag the file to the dialog.
- Click Add API Project. You should be brought to the Hub Listing tab of Studio.
Click the Hub Listing > Definitions tab to view your API's WSDL file. You can manually edit the file and click Save. You also can click Upload File to update the WSDL file.
API consumers can discover your SOAP APIs on the API Hub like any other API type (for example, REST). When they click the Endpoints tab, they will see the WSDL file for the API. They can select a major version of the API, click the Download Spec button to download the WSDL file for that version to their local system, and click the Assets button to download any Assets that the API provider has added to the API.
Providing other files to API consumers
If you have files other than the WSDL file that you would like to make available to your SOAP API consumers, they can be made available using Assets.
Updated about 1 month ago