It's important to make it as easy as possible for your API consumers to use your API. Rapid provide many ways to add general documentation related to your API. The table below provides an overview of the ways to document your API, as well as links to more information.
- Descriptions and Long Descriptions are indexed and included in API search results.
- (Enterprise Hubs only) The following information can be imported or exported from OAS documents. The Description is stored in downloaded or uploaded OAS documents as
info.description. The Long Description is stored in downloaded or uploaded OAS documents as
info.x-long-description. Readme / Docs is stored as
x-documentation.readme. Titles, descriptions, and links for Tutorials and Spotlight are stored in
x-documentation.spotlights, respectively. For more information, see Adding and Updating OpenAPI Documents.
- (Enterpise Hubs only) You can programmatically read and manage this information using the GraphQL Platform API. For more information, see API Documentation (GQL PAPI).
|Name||Description||Location of content (API consumers)||Location of content (API Builders)||Links / Comments|
|Description||Brief description of the API||- API hub tile|
- Endpoints tab on API listing
|My APIs > Hub Listing > General tab||See Hub Listing - General Tab|
|Long Description||Rich text description of the API||Endpoints tab on API listing when Show more is clicked||My APIs > Hub Listing > General tab||See Hub Listing - General Tab|
|Readme / Docs||Rich text information about the API (single readme / document supported)||API listing's About tab (under README)||My APIs > Hub Listing > Docs tab||See Hub Listing - Docs Tab|
|Spotlights||Public links to web pages or uploaded files (multiple Spotlights supported)||API listing's About tab (under Spotlights)||API listing > About tab||- See Spotlights|
- Feature can be disabled for Enterprise Hubs
|Tutorials||Rich text information about the API (multiple Tutorials supported)||API listing's Tutorials tab||API listing > Tutorials tab||See Tutorials|
|Assets||Private links to uploaded files||API listing's Endpoints tab > Click Assets||My APIs > Hub Listing > Assets tab||- See Hub Listing - Assets Tab|
- Enterprise Hub feature only
Updated about 1 month ago